If South Berwick Public Library doesn’t own an item you can borrow from another library in Maine. We are part of the MILS Consortium which is a group of small libraries that share collections. We can also borrow from 100 other libraries in the Maine Statewide Catalog (MaineCat) with access to six million items.
1. Look in the “South Berwick Public Library” collection first. If we don’t own the item you will search the entire MILS Catalog.
2. Go to the drop down menu where you see the South Berwick Public Library and click the arrow. Scroll to the top of the menu and choose “View Entire Collection” and click “Search.”
3. Click Request and the next screen will tell you if the request was successful.
4. Log in with your LIBRARY CARD BARCODE and name. (Tip: If you filled out your application and called yourself “Elizabeth”, “Jane” won’t work to get to your account)
5.You will receive a message that your request was successful or a message that there is a problem with your request and to contact your library. (Could be an expired account, an overdue item or fines exceeding $5.00)
When your item isn’t found in MILS “South Berwick Public Library” or “View Entire Collection”, we can borrow from other libraries.
- Click “Search MaineCat”
2. Only items in MaineCat with an “Available” status may be requested. (No “Request” button shows, so make a note of the due date and try again after the item is again available.)
3. When the item has “Available” as a status, the “Request this item” will show and you can
4. Choose your home library where you want to pick up the item.
5. Click “Submit information”
6. Log in with your name and library account barcode number.
7. You will get a successful request screen and you will wait for an email, phone call or text message that your item is ready to pick up.