The Young Adult area of the library has two Apple iMac computers and software to support video-editing services for the community. Apple products “Final Cut Pro” and “Motion” allow fast, high-quality professional grade video-editing production. “Animationish” is an award- winning easy-to-use animation software. This service has been purchased and sponsored by the Friends of the South Berwick Public Library.
Computers and Equipment
- Apple iMac Desktops 27″ OSX Yosemite
- LaCie 3TB d2 Thunderbolt 2 External Hard Drive
Applications & Software
- Final Cut Pro
- Quick Time Player
- USB Flash Drive recommended (USB Flash Drive 8 GB can be purchased at the Main Desk. Price: $7.00, cash only)
- Temporary storage available on the external hard drive (see guidelines for use below.)
Guidelines for Use
- Computer time for video-editing projects is 2 hours
- Time slots for video-editing and animation may be reserved ahead by people age 14 & up, anyone younger may use the service on a first come first served basis.
- Use of these services must comply with the South Berwick Public Library Internet Use Policy
- The IMacs have no DVD/CD drive so digital work must be downloaded via a flash drive device
- Video-editing sessions end 30 minutes before the Library closes
- Video projects may be stored on an open external hard drive for up to 2 months or a flash drive may be purchased at cost ($7.99) from the library. There can be no expectation of privacy for work stored on library hardware and the library is not responsible for its security in any way.
- Please sign in at the Main Desk for computer time and to pick up the wireless keyboard and mouse.