Request for Review of Library Materials Procedure
Despite the care taken to select materials for the South Berwick Public Library collection it is recognized that occasional objections may be raised by community members.
- In the event a complaint is made, the following procedures will apply:
- The complaint shall be heard first by the person staffing the public desk.
- The person on duty may refer the complainant to the library director if the patron would like to further discuss their objections to the material.
- If the complainant is not satisfied with the conversation they will be requested to fill out the “Request for Review of Library Materials” form.
- Upon receipt of the form the library director will forward the written complaint to the Library Advisory Board who shall consider the patron’s request and make recommendations to the library director.
- The Library Advisory Board will respond with a formal, written reply to the patron who initiated the review.
Approved Library Advisory Board January 19, 2016
Request for Review of Library Materials
Title of Item_____________________________________________________________ Author__________________________
Format (book, movie, magazine, etc.)________________
Request initiated by________________________________________________
Do you represent
____An organization or group (name)___________________________________
1. Did you read or view the entire work?__________What parts did you read or view?
2. To what in the work do you object? (Be specific; cite pages, sections etc.)
3. What do you believe is the theme of this work?
4. In your opinion, is there anything good about this work?
5. What do you feel might be the result of reading or viewing this work?
6. What would you like the library to do about this material?
7. Which title would you suggest as a substitute?__________________________