There are Summer Reading Challenges for every age and lots of fun programs to celebrate this year’s animal theme – Tails and Tales!
To participate in a reading challenge:
1) Sign up online with Beanstack (Note: if you’ve used Beanstack for one of our previous challenges, you don’t need to register again, just sign in to your existing account – age appropriate programs will be available on June 12). Or, 2) if you prefer to keep track on paper, stop by the library and pick up a paper reading log. Opening Day is on June 12, but you can sign up anytime after that date!
In addition to the Reading Challenges:
- Mr. Mike will be back for Maker Group !
- We have two great live, virtual programs from the Center for Wildlife! First, on Wed., June 16th at 11 am : “Raptors, Reptiles and Mammals”. Then, on Wed., July 28 at 3pm : “Nature’s Nightshift”. Sign up is required for these as numbers are limited for better interaction. ALSO:The Center for Wildlife is providing free passes to their Nature Center for everyone who completes the entire reading challenge!
- A new “Take and Make Kit” will be available every Friday (while supplies last).
- (Mostly) animal themed “Story Times on the Porch” with Ms. Jane will happen every Wednesday at 10:30am starting June 23. Sign up is required for these as well. They’re aimed at pre-K kids up to about 2nd Grade – and siblings are always welcome!
- Stuffed Animal Sleepover at the Library is Friday, July 30th.You can drop off a fuzzy friend between 2 and 5 pm on Friday, then tune in at 7pm via zoom to listen to Ms. Jane read them (and you) a bedtime story. Return Saturday morning to pick up your buddy and get photos of their Big Night In the Library!
(Sign up is required for everything this year, and masks are required whenever social distancing is not possible – indoors or out. We want all families to feel comfortable and be as safe as possible until everyone has access to vaccines – we’re so close!)